Lecture and Case Studies
- e-culture: culture is the future, but it won't be what it used to be.
- individual + community § information + space
- open source + public domains
- content + tools
- media + media infrastructure
- architectures for meaning
In this seminar I will address very large scale interactive systems, where it is no longer possible to centrally create, control or edit content. I will focus on the difference between content and tools and discuss different methods of dealing with issues like trust, value, quality of information and meaning. I will also address central processes and necessary skills that relate to digital culture as we see it developing in our network society, and discuss how meta-design is the future of multimedia design. The seminar aims at providing fresh ways of thinking about media and communication (big concepts) as well as concrete examples of existing systems (small products).
We will see that misery and passion are at the heart of these trends...